Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Butterflies, flowers and good ol' junk

Beware, lots of pictures!
I'll try to keep my rambling brief!
Flea market is coming up and I haven't shown the treasures I found from the January and February flea market.

But first, we have the most beautiful lavender flowers blooming and I'm not sure what the plant is called (Lantana, I just visited a nursery Wednesday and found out for sure). Last year they were pathetic because the previous owners didn't water anything plus it was cold here in Arizona and they froze. I put in a new watering system last spring so they were watered all summer. We came back to the most beautiful creeping plants covered in flowers. I'd like have them on both sides of the driveway.



I don't know the names of the butterflies but the black ones are here every day all day long and they never stand still so it's hard to catch one still to get a good photo, they are constantly flapping their wings!


And for my junking finds...


I rarely pass up crochet...


This lampshade was one of my super good deals, it's a 1920's ribbon work shade that normally go for a small fortune, the woman was asking 8 dollars!

I just happened to bring along a pretty glass based lamp this will fit on but just haven't had the time to do it yet.




I remember I had a rabbit fur muff when I was little, I believe this one is Ermine
along with a pretty lace tablecloth.


I couldn't walk by this pillow top and it looks like it was never used, just a little rumpled from storage.


Then there was the valentines box I scored on for $5



One of my other super deals. I have wanted a cast iron urn for so long but they cost so much plus if you buy a vintage one online it's a fortune to ship it.
This guy was asking $25 and I got it for $20!
I love it!


A rusty crusty table that will look great in the living room as soon as I decided if it should have a glass or wood top.


Inexpensive plant stand from a vanity chair.


Another thing I've been patiently waiting to find is a chippy white trellis and I got it for 10 bucks! It's already hanging on my bedroom wall just waiting for some decorating.
(It's really not crooked on the wall)


And this piece of wrought iron fence, I'll find a place for it...


And a few flowers...
A Jasmine plant I picked up at the nursery that needs to be planted and the fragrance is heavenly.


Yellow brittlebrush that are almost in full bloom all over the desert.


I can't wait for the next flea market. There is a 20% chance of rain that day but we'll take it. The total amount of precipitation so far this year has been .001 and way below average.

Thanks for stopping by!

Parties I'm linking to;







7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that lampshade!! and the tablecloth!!! and everything!!
    I'm sorry you were feeling a little overwhelmed the other day. You sound lots better today.
    Your seeds are in the mail. I so hope they grow for you, Faye. I sent quite a few...so something should grow!!
    I seriously wish I could take a trip out there and help you out for a few days, girlfriend.
    When will your hubby be there?
    It's not good to be alone for so long.
    When you feel like you are ready to explode again...call me...I will email you my cell #
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that lantana, the lavender flowers? You find the coolest, most beautiful things. Love the lampshade, vanity chair, tablecloth, table base(wonderful shape-glass would show off the shape), everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, LOVE the lampshade, beautiful!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Good stuff! Good eye! We need a flea market like that around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good finds. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!