Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jars of Lace....

I'm rearranging my sewing room (sewing corner). My DH put up a couple of long shelves for some of my treasures.

This is only a little more than half of the upper shelf to be continued...once I get everything just right...



I found the large jar at Home Goods last spring for a steal and stuffed it full of old crochet lace along with a few more jars found at the thrift store.


A very large (14") vintage metal clock face that was another steal.


The glass dome was from a cheap plastic clock found at the thrift store...I bought it for the glass dome and kept the clock works.

I was thinking of putting something inside the dome but I don't want to block anymore of the clock face, I'm starting to like it empty the way it is...

I love that old tattered Corticelli box and the old white rose...

And on the left side is my brothers old metal horse, my grandfathers old pocket watch and a very old photograph of my other grandfather...


And his dog tag on the left side from when he was a fireman. He was born in late 1800's and he's quite young here so this had to be taken in very early 1900. He was a fireman in the days of horse drawn firetrucks and I still have his old heavy fireman's hat (number 8) I'll have to post some day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Be sure to check out these parties...linking to....

Faded Charm for White Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

Faith Grace and Crafts for Pearls and Lace Thursday

Common Ground for Inspiration Friday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

29 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the jars of lace and especially the buttons. Fabulous!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous crochet pieces, lace and buttons in those pretty jars! I love the clock face & dome, too.
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I visited your blog today. I thought it was so pretty and charming. I love all things old too, especially old pictures of loved ones. I really liked the red velvet photograh book and the jewelry on your side bar. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your fabulous, creative ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty vignette. I've always loved how lace and buttons look in glass jars. You have some nice ones:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought of displaying interesting crocheted laces in a jar but it is SO charming! I will have to get the pieces I have in the attic out into the open now that I know how to show them off. Thanks for sharing your vintage display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything in your vignette. The family keepsakes are precious and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I love the lace and buttons in the apothecary jars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant, soft and charming! Love your
    vintage display. The lace and buttons in the apothecary jars are beautiful. Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love it all, but especially the beautiful jar of crocheted lace. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Faye...I love this! I sooo need to get some clear glass storage for my lace and buttons! I think it looks fabulous! And I love all of it together! The horse and your grandfather are charming! You have such great style!

    Hugs to you, my friend!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something so relaxing about viewing a monochromatic palette with different textures. This is lovely. And Grandpa's photo is such a cool addition. I'm your newest follower; found you via Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Beautiful!
    All your family treasures make it even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the apothecary jars... And love love the storage of buttons idea... Looks very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea & am going to use it in my craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely vignette! Grandfathers are just special, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am swooning over your jars of buttons and lace. Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your vignette is really charming, Faye! I love all the beautiful elements you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely vignettes you have. Love the jars of lace! Pretty eye candy. Thanks for sharing!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shelf display is fabulous...just perfect in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had already oogled your beautiful laces and love them displayed in that jar!! Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday...I'm so happy you did.
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore crocheted trims and your collection is so pretty, as is the large button collection. A great vignette with some wonderful family memories. I'm following now so I don't miss any posts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fab idea. It looks so charming and I have a jar or two here staring at me with vacant expressions and I need to find some lace and buttons! Also adore cloches...

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great idea for storing Treasures too pretty to hide away!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faye,
    This is a very pretty vignette. Love the lace in the jars and the watch. Thanks for linking it up at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the way you've arranged the jars, filled with lace and buttons on the shelf. They look awesome with that huge clock face!
    It all looks so nice.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea. I have lots of glass jars and am always looking for new ideas. I don't have any lace but I do have a big doilie that my great grandmother made and it would look great in a jar. Thanks for inspiring me. Be sure to come by and check out my blog.

    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is wonderful!! Love how it all works together, the clock face and the wonderful jars with buttons! Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration on VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you've displayed your laces! Mine are in boxes right now and I've been looking for ideas... so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!