Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fabric pumpkins with my old chippy white door...

I finally brought out some of my fall decorations...for some reason I'm not in the 'autumn' mood. 
Maybe it's because of what is to come...our long cold winter...


Many phases of my pumpkin making since the early 80's with the larger plain orange pumpkin to the more current wool pumpkins...there's more but I can't find them all...


An old crow that is noise activated...it flaps it's wings, eyes flash red and makes a 'scarry' noise...he's always out at this time of year...until he drives us crazy and then gets shut off...


Finally....I got Mr. Wild to bring in my chippy white door!
This wall is still slowly coming together. Once the snow flies I'll be able to get him to hang an old architectural piece or two on the wall and there is one more door that needs to be brought in.
Maybe by next week I'll be more ambitious with the fall decor....

Thanks for stopping!


Linking to;
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage for feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

16 comments:

  1. Your pumpkins are gorgeous and I know about the long cold winters too, ours are not too long but still we have snow in may or June. The pumpkin display is very pretty and I love your chippy door!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving fabric pumpkins this year!
    Also LOVE your old door. I'm on the hunt for one :)
    Stay warm today!!! It's feeling cold today.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful door! Fabric pumpkins are my fave this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The door is great..especially with the CAT! Love your pumpkins! I always say I'm going to make some! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric pumpkins and your chippy door too! I'd love to get my hands on one of those crows - I've never seen one before. I think my grandkids would love it! Visiting from WUW. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin collection is fabulous! do I spy a velvet pumpkin? I have been wanting to make those.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you I have been having a hard time getting into fall. Love your pumpkins! Laura, Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye...love that door!
    Your pumpkins are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooo understand about decorating for Fall this year. I've barely put a thing out.
    I DO love the velvety looking pumpkins in your display tho. They are VERY pretty!!
    No Hobby Lobby???? oh man. I could send you a couple of mercury glass pieces if you'd like. I wonder if Hobby Lobby has on online site. do you have a TJ Max, or a Kohl's out there? They carry mercury glass.I even found some at Target.
    LOVE your chippy door!!!!!!!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Faye, I came over from Karen's at The Vintage Bag Lady....love your little trailer...looks like she is is great shape. If you go back a few posts on my blog you will see pics of my 1954 Bellwood my husband and I just renovated. These little campers are so much fun...like you I want to use mine for a little portable store...go to flea markets...travel the USA..buy...sell...and pull of to the side of the road when I am ready to take a nap!..have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty pumpkins! And you made me laugh, I can never find all of my stuff either :) You might inspire me to make a few of my own!
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your "pumpkins" are terrific! That is another thing I have been trying to get around to! And, like you, I never seem to find what I'm looking for.

    So nice of Mr. Wild to bring in your chippy door!

    Thank you for linking this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday. You are appreciated, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pumpkin collection is fabulous. Well, Fabric pumpkins are my favorite this year. I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.
    eye wash safety

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cat in the door window is adorable. Love the pumpkins too of course, but the cat caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your decorations look wonderful in front of that great door!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great Faye! I love the cat in the door. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!