Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, November 19, 2011

98 year old 'antique'...My Dad's Birthday!

My dad is celebrating his 98th birthday I thought it might be nice to post about him...


He worked hard all his life, he was a Chief Gunners Mate in the Navy in WWll in the South Pacific during many of the big battles.
He still lives on his own, does his own laundry, makes 2 meals a day, goes grocery shopping and yes, he can still drive and he drives well! Better than most people around here (and he doesn't gab on his cell phone while driving either!). Besides that his memory is better than mine or Mr. Wild.
And he still has his hair!!


A picture of him in his Navy uniform with his 1942 Plymouth.


This was taken when I was born, my dad, brother, sister and my mom.
My mom was born 3 days after the Titanic sunk, 1912. She's no longer with us, she passed away in 2000 at 87...didn't quite make it to 88.

Anyway...Happy Birthday Dad!

P.S....we're getting out first snow!!!

10 comments:

  1. How lucky to have a Dad to enjoy the holidays with! He is adorable, please congratulate him and wish him a Happy Birthday on such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fortunate to have your Dad and to be able to celebrate his birthday and his good health!

    I lost my mother in 1998 and my dad in 2000, they were both in their 90s and lived good, hard working lives. If, we are lucky we have inherited their good healthy genes!

    Happy Birthday and Congratulations to you father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are gorgeous. How lucky for you to still have your father and he is doing so well. Love the old car. Snow for Thanksgiving....how wonderful....I think. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are antiques and there are treasures. You have both with your Dad. Happy Birthday! And boy does he look good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Dad! Wow 98... he would have seen so many changes in his lifetime. Enjoy your time with him!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Dad...98 is very remarkable. I love that picture of him in front of the car!! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy Birthday to your handsome Dad!!! Jim's Nana just turned 99 last month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your Dad. He is inspiration to all of us to take care of ourselves so we can live such a long and healthy life. Have a great birthday celebration!

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post, Faye! What a wonderful tribute to your handsome dad! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!