Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crochet Roses Pillow

Last week I showed you my little crocheted roses and this is what I have done with them so far...


I planned to cover the entire pillow with roses but when I placed a staggered row across the middle to get started I found I liked the look so I went with it...


Then I thought maybe they will look nice on my leftover linen from drawing rug hooking designs...it's not a pillow yet, just thinking for now...

With all of the roses I've crocheted, and they are so fun to make... I'm going to make a big bunch of pillows for myself and maybe I'll try a few pillows in my etsy shop...maybe? 


I also just finished a new wool applique pattern that ended being one of my favorites...I just had to post about it. I added little pom pom fringe around the edges...I think they look like tiny snowballs and the colors are so soft and pretty.

Thanks for taking a look...hope your week is going just perfect!

Linking to;
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
The Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

19 comments:

  1. Really cute ! I love those little crochetted flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crocheted roses look beautiful on the pillow. But the snowflake pieces--magnificent. Pretty and impactful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow is adorable--I think less is more in the case of that pillow. It looks great just the way you did it! That snowflake is awesome too--love the pom poms--looks very snowball-ish:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done,your cushion is so pretty.
    I am a new follower. You have a lovely blog. xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pillow is lovely Faye! Those little flowers are just too cute!!
    Hope all is well with you and yours!!
    Hugs to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew Sweet ~ Love the Roses & that Snowflake design is Perfect, you're right, it looks like little snowballs!
    Thanks for sharing...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute on your pillow. Definitely think you should put them on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your crochet roses are supercute, they have so many possibilities!! Happy White Wednesday!! ~Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty, Faye! I love your pillows and the wool applique pieces are gorgeous! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the roses on the pillow Faye!
    My good friend Sue is going to make me some of these pillows with the roses for our white show in April! And I am going to have her teach me how to do it over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crocheted roses are wonderful, Faye! I really love them on your leftover linen. And your snowflake design is terrific, too! How nice that you used Carolina blue as the backdrop. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week. I love seeing what you've been up to.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the crocheted roses. They look lovely on the white pillow (the single row looks just right to me) and also against the linen. Glad to have found you from White Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely roses. I also like to make flowers in yarn.

    Regards from Sweden
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm your newest follower. I adore rosettes & make them myself. You sure have some lovely ones on here =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely, Faye! Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work... Love those flowers.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your white crochet flowers too cute
    xxoo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!