Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Dad....

Just wanted to say thank you for so many nice comments over the last couple of weeks.

My dad passed away peacefully in his sleep at his home yesterday morning, just as he wanted...painless and still alert and. He was sitting up less than 2 days before playing cards with my girlfriend and myself and won 3 out of 6 games, his 98 year old body went downhill so quickly all of a sudden but not his mind.

I haven't been in the mood to write back or to visit any blogs. I did do a post earlier this week just to try to keep my mind off things.

I'll be back in a week or so.

Thanks....

17 comments:

  1. Faye...i do not know what to say right now...what a teribble news.......big hugs...love and blessings from me Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs to you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that...I can see that his last days were what he would have wanted...being with you.

    My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m sorry for your lost.

    Hug Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. How wonderful that he lived a full 98 years. What a loving memory you will have of him beating you at cards. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers at this time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. Loosing someone dear to us is always painful at any age. I'm glad that he was able to enjoy playing cards with you even at 98. That is such a lovely picture in my mind. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye,
    I am so sorry for your loss

    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always hard to lose a father. What a blessing that he was so alert and had a good mind. Praying for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Faye I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Dad. Hugs to you and I am only an email away.
    Take care, you'll be in my thoughts.
    xo
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take the time you need to feel better. I can't imagine the loss of a parent but can imagine how hard it is. I am sure you have the thoughts and prayers of all your bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you had this time with him, Faye...I know you will miss him terribly. A BIG XO is being sent your way...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am glad you spent time with him in his final days though.
    It sounds as though his final hours were lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Faye - I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace in knowing your many friends are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. ((Hugs))!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!