Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Old Aqua Bottle

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

I feel like we had a whirlwind weekend! We spent our 3 days at a flea market and antique shops.
The flea market was the best I've ever seen....I think I went a little overboard but when you see things that you love and you know you'll never see again, plus the prices were so good...really good...what else can you do but give in and buy it!


This was a very large and heavy old bottle that I found yesterday in an antique shop. You can't tell here but it's 10" tall and says Dr. Cummings Vegetine...I looked it up and it's one of those cure all tonics.

 I just love the color, size and weight of this bottle and the hazing inside is just perfect.



We brought home 2 truck loads of stuff! Most of it is big stuff like 2 metal chairs (almost free), my new/old vanity (old buffet) for $15, a metal cabinet for $10, a vintage bicycle for my garden. Thank goodness Mr Wild gave in and came along, he actually found the best stuff. We went early Saturday morning, then it rained so much that we had to quit. We went back on Sunday because I found a check in my checkbook that I forgot to give to a vendor...I felt terrible! I've never done that before! 

We found a few more small things and then as if we hadn't looked at enough 'good junk' we stopped at one antique store on the way home, it was hot, humid and very windy, a good day to bum around. That day we only had the car, the truck was still full because of the rain.

I found an awesome old cast iron garden set that has been on my wish list (they came way down on the price) so we had to go back to the store on Monday with the truck to get that. After thinking about an old wicker chair all night ($20, it needs cushions, I can't wait to find the right fabric) I decided to get it too so we had another full truckload. We stopped at one more antique shop and I found this pretty bottle and some beautiful china that I'll save for later.

We were busy running around all weekend but we sure had a good weekend!

Thanks for stopping!

Linking to;
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

14 comments:

  1. I love that bottle! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get enough bottles, especially a beautiful blue one like this! Great photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty bottle - great color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a busy weekend, but fun! Hubby and I did some antiquing on Mother's Day. He bought me a vintage baby cradle! It's white, and in such nice condition. I plan to put my vintage dolls in it.

    Hugs,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bottle! I can never pass these up at a flea market...great find! New follower here~hope you will pop over for a visit! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds like a dream come true! Wow!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are quite the antique shopper and it's so nice that your hubby loves it too. Makes you feel good about spending all that money when you get the best stuff. JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT phto's, I love the bottle with his beautiful color!!!

    Hugs and have a nice day,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many lovely greetings from Slovakia, the bottle is gorgeous, great color! Your blog is a beautiful place:o) See you again..Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting weekend! We will get to see a lot more pictures of all this fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad I stopped by for White Wednesday. I love the crochet rose in your header image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that bottle Faye!!! I have a similar one, and it's my favorite.
    You must be so excited about all the treasures you found! Can't wait to see everything!
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...sounds like my kind of pickin' trip! Love the bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!