Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blogging Buddies Meet

Today I meet Deb from Garage Sale Gal....

She had done a post of her neighbors new fence but the fence was not what caught my eye...
instead I zoned immediately onto the old Gargolye sign. Mr. Wild is an antique car guy so I left a comment that my husband would love to get his hands on that sign.

So then Deb sends me an email telling me her husband is willing to let it go. After a couple more pictures via email I went over to her house this morning to pick it up.


Then she surprises me with this little packet of treasures but I wanted to wait until I got home to open it...so I could take pictures!


Of course I love the pretty hankie but inside are 3 beautiful cards Deb made herself. She must know that my 2 favorite colors are lavender and lime green because on top is the most beautiful lavender and lime green card! And iris and dragon flies are two of my favorites!!!


They are all beautiful Deb! It amazes me how you can make these lovely cards!

Deb also graciously gave me a tour of her home and of course I was drooling over many beautiful things she has collected AND she started a wish list for me since she and her husband are so good at finding really cool things...thanks Deb! That list may get longer!
Thank you to your husband again for parting with the sign.

Mr. Wild is out of town for the day and won't be back until long past dark but the sign is sitting where he can't miss it when he gets home...it's a surprise!

Aren't bloggers the best! Talking with Deb I felt like I have known her for years!
I'm looking forward to seeing her again and I'm sure we will.

Thanks Deb!


I almost forgot, my garage sale find this weekend. These small typewriters are new to me but I looked online and found they are pretty common. It actually folds to make it flatter and would have had a case. The serial number dates it to 1918.
It's only 11" wide at the widest part. Of course I couldn't walk away from this little cutie. It seems to work fine, everything moves like it should, it just needs new ribbon.
Corona  3 typewriter


7 comments:

  1. This is such a great story. Heading over to her sight now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blogging friend! Cute sign and such a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to meet a blogger friend. Love that little cutie typewriter too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Faye!!!
    You are so sweet!! It was great meeing you and it did feel like we are old friends! Thanks for buying the sign and it looks great in your yard! Nice typewriter!!!
    Keep cool this week and we'll talk soon!
    Warmly,
    deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how fun! You both must have had a great time...Deb is a sweetie! The sign is awesome, I know it will be a wonderful surprise for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great to meet a fellow blogger (maybe one day we'll meet)!!

    Love that lil' typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I found your blog through Deb's! So fun that you two met :) I love all the vintage and antique finds you have. The type writer is awesome! I'm just getting into yardsaling, so I'm always looking for more tips and strategies from seasoned yardsalers. One site I have been using that seems to work well so far is http://www.yardsalesearch.com. I like it because it maps out a route for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!