I finally did it! I tore off the jersey on my $20 dressform!
I sort of like the sepia look.
I found this dressform at a flea market this time last year. My friend Stephanie told me that I can remove the fabric and that there is cardboard underneath...huh? I didn't know that.
I never got around to it until my blogging friend Debbie (The Lakehouse) posted her dressform HERE and said she removed the fabric. So I emailed her and asked a little bit about it. Nothing to it.
I brought Miss Desert Rose out onto the front porch, took her off her stand and gave it a fresh coat of white spray paint. I started to pull off the fabric and it was easy. Scraped the loose old glue off and dusted her, vacuumed her and brought her back inside.
(I wonder if anyone saw me out there with this headless body???)
She was easy to decorate with what I had on hand, I happened to have a large crochet pineapple tablecloth, folded it in half and put it on her. I just purchased a beautiful crochet collar on Etsy, put that on top...liked it. An old rhinestone necklace was just lying on the dresser so I added that.
She's missing the knob on top and I was folding up a crochet collar that was done in a complete circle and ruffly...ah ha! It looks like a flower! So I rolled it up and set it on top!
The birdcage with stand was another flea market find at only $20!
As is, I didn't do a thing to it other than add the artificial ivy inside.
Below is the entire wall. I think I'm okay with it except I'm not totally satisfied with the picture arrangement but something will come to me and I'll get it right.
(Can you tell I like a lot of clutter!!!)
this is the 'before' picture...what an improvement!
Thanks Stephanie and Debbie for opening my eyes!