Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Monday, February 26, 2018

February Antique Fair Finds

Finally! I figured out how to get the pictures out of my new camera!
This was almost a month ago at my favorite flea market here in Tucson.

I'm using the rocking chair, if my back hurts I'm finding that a few minutes sitting in this chair makes the pain go away. They knew how to design chairs to be comfortable years ago. I wish I knew the age of this, I'm thinking maybe 1920's???

The blue bookcase, I hope, will go in the house after I paint it a nice warm cream. I needed one, this is the correct height but it's wider than I planned. I will try it and see and for $20 it can always be used elsewhere. (by the way, I did paint the bookcase a nice tan color and put it in place, it looks perfect!!!)

The section of vintage windmill blades was a steal at $40! A rebar Saguaro for the garden, a little cement finial and a beat up old metal pitcher among a few other treasures. The square twig box is held together on the corners with leather and is supposedly made by local Indians. 
Cool old watering can too.


I can't believe the next "antique fair" (they don't call them flea markets here) is this coming Sunday already. Wonder what treasures I will find! That's the exciting part.

Thanks for stopping! I'm still learning this computer and camera and hope to get better at posting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what you will do with the windmill blades. I love the twig box and the white pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun sale...and I love the windmill blades!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!