Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Friday, August 24, 2012

Pink Saturday Feature

Thank you Beverly from How Sweet The Sound for featuring my blog this Pink Saturday!

For the party, I did a quick trip around the house taking pictures of pink things and was surprised at how many things I found!


My 1950's prom dress, I found this at a yard sale for $5 and purchased it from the woman who wore it back in the 50's. (Here's the post for more about the dress.)


I love to crochet...flowers and hanger covers...


Millinery flowers are always fun to find...


A sweet old satin yoyo pillow that I found last week at my Gold Rush Days post...


Along with the ever popular pink gooseberry bowls...


A little fabric rose I made to decorate my crochet hangers...


More vintage millinery flower hats...


A pretty vintage doorstop.


Thanks for visiting!

Happy Pink Saturday!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pink things... I love those crocheted cloth hangers. They are so pretty with the little flowers. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye, stopping by via Beverly's Pink Saturday a little early. ;) I always start this party early AND I finish it late. ;)
    Love all your pretty pinks, especially those crochet hangers. On my way to take a peek at that prom dress.
    Happy pinks!!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header photo - all the images in it but I especially love the embroidery. And then, I saw your crocheted pink flowers and goodness, what neat "stuff" you have there. My running comment tonight seems to be I only dream and admire these blogging crafty folk - but boy, it's getting harder and harder not giving being crafty a whirl. Especially certain things and I could add those kind of crocheted flowers to the top of my list.

    Great post - enjoyed my visit. Dreaming on! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the prom dress,and your crochet flowers are so good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post and a beautiful blog. I wouls lov to do the Gold Rush Days and meet the Junk Bonanza Gals but alas I am an east-coast girl.
    Happy Pink Weekend
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faye!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pinks. Love your crocheted items. Happy Pink Saturday.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection of pink! Up at the very top of your blog where the title is, there is a crocheted cabbage. Did you create that as well? You are a multi-talented, GIFTED person! have a great day! Miss Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink post.....seize the day darling...love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday, Faye. I am so happy that you are our featured blog this week, and I hope you enjoy it.

    Your pinks are all lovely, and I am truly "in love" with your crochet hangers.

    Thank you for making Pink Saturday special.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Pink Saturday finds around the house! I used to crochet and seeing your lovely flowers makes me want to get some thread and get busy!!I am now following you! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love pink, your crocheted flowers and hanger covers are to cute! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye, I'm so happy that Julia featuared you or I may never have discovered your beautiful blog with all your great photos. Seems we like so many of the same things.
    Love the prom dress...I found one a couple of weeks ago..pink too!
    Thanks for sharing. dix---

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Faye,
    At first I thought it was YOUR PROM dress! LOL! It's very sweet and you have some prety pink treasures.
    Thank you for your kind comments about MaryElla!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!