Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Monday, August 13, 2012

The Front Porch

Welcome to 'part' of my front porch...
(what you don't see is sort of messy and didn't quite 'make the cut' for the pictures!)


It's definitely not perfect...


There is always stuff falling from the oak trees to sweep up, now it's the acorns.

(check out the garage windows...Mr. Wild used large paper towels as curtains...I HAVE to fix that!
Oh well...at least they are white!)


And I never have enough time to really make it pretty...




a few fresh flowers from the garden...that helps.


Then there are the To Do's....

I was wishing I would find the middle piece but I accidentally found the set of 3 at a flea market this summer for a steal so I grabbed them.

Just waiting for Mr. Wild to help me place some patio stones down, to cover the weeds and make a flat surface.

I think my list is waaay too long because I feel like none of this will ever get done!


And the next project I hope to finish before the weekend.
I found the old wicker chair and footstool at a flea market and garage sale.

I absolutely adore the chair!
(oops...forgot to take the tape measure and stuff off the arm rest)
All I need is some pretty vintage looking fabric to make a seat cushion and a thin padding for the back.  It evidently had a little padded back tied or nailed to it at one time.

The footstool is a reproduction and I will spray paint it canvas white and then apply a little antiquing to it, maybe try to knock a few chips here and there into the new paint, recover it too.

My plan is to get this ready to haul out to Wyoming, it will sit on the porch out there along with a shabby wicker side table I picked up also at a flea market. It will be the perfect place to sit and stitch while sipping a tall glass of iced tea!  Someday!!!! When I can retire! And quit making lists of To Do's!

It looks like I'm about to hit 500 followers! I never dreamed there would be that many wonderful people when I started this blog. I think it's time for a Giveaway!
I've been thinking of what it will be so please stop back...soon...maybe this weekend...or next week...

Thanks for stopping!

P.S. I did a short post this morning with the beginning of the bunkhouse "here".

Linking to;
 Faded Charm for White Wednesday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday


13 comments:

  1. Love all the vintage pieces..just perfectly rustic! Adore your new finds...have fun with the fabric. No 'to do' lists in retirement...are you kidding? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so inviting. Love all the white accented with the fab arrangement of flowers. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all Faye, especially that old cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, your porch is BEAUTIFUL! I am charmed by it...looks like a perfect place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks so friendly and inviting, Faye! Loving all the vintage finds and colorful plants! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful space at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an adorable porch! I'd sure take it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that wicker chair too! Patio furniture is one of my weaknesses. Your patio looks so tidy and cheery. I'd love to spent some time there! Love all the white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh! What a lovely outside area to enjoy God's beauty! I like the way you decorated everything and your flowers still look so pretty even in the late summer. I used to work at a salon (that I truly miss) called The Wild Rose Salon, so I love the name of your blog. :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think it is quite lovely! Very tidy as well. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from 2805. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molto carino il tuo blog ed anche il tuo giardino!Sono il tuo seguace n.500!Buona giornata,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post.
    Everything looks so nice. Pretty pictures.
    I have that same three piece set. I found them at an antique store. They have wonderful green paint under the chippy white paint. I just love them.
    I just spent a few days on outdoor projects. Painting and making some late summer/ early fall changes.
    Hope you will drop by and see my thrift store make overs.
    Will visit again soon!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining me at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!