Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 1959!

Happy valentine's day from 1959!



I found this pretty heart shaped candy box at the flea market a couple of weeks ago.

Can you believe I had it in my hand and then set it back down!!!
I expected it would be costly and it has a faint stain in the upper right corner.

I walked away!

I walked past the booth again, still there, back again a third time (about 3 hours later) to tell the woman I would be driving in soon to pick up my other 2 items, I walked over to the heart and finally asked the price.
5 bucks!!!!
What ever was I thinking! I handed her a 5 dollar bill immediately.
She had a few more but this was the oldest and the prettiest.

I especially like that the original recipient wrote the date that she received it on the back, makes it even more special.
And now I don't even notice the faint stain!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Linking to;










15 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Faye- What a wonderful vintage candy box. I love that it is marked-think how special that must have been to the woman receiving it. What a buy!!!! xo Diana

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE the old candy boxes!
Happy Valentine's day to you!
Warmly,
deb

Marci said...

What a beautiful old candy box. And a bargain, too.

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That one is a beauty, Faye! Great find!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful box. I saw a vintage valentine today for 18.50, just a simple little one-sided card with no writing. You got a great deal!

Ann Hinds said...

It's lovely. I almost didn't buy a crazy quilt I found at the thrift store thinking I couldn't afford it. I dithered and then decided to find out how much it was. When she said it was $5.00, I quickly handed her the money and almost ran out of the store. It is really old and I don't think they knew what they had. It is my treasure now, just like your beautiful box.

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Oh that is so pretty no wonder you loved it. Such a reasonable price too.

It's me said...

♥...Happy Valentine's Day ....♥...Love / Liefs Ria....xxx...♥♥♥ !!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So pretty, these always fly out of our shop!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Debbie said...

The candy box is lovely, Faye!
You really got yourself a deal.
Happy Valentines Day to you dear friend!
xoxo

Susan Clayton said...

So glad you didn't miss out on this one! It's a beauty.

Bonnie Lane said...

What a lovely box. Just BEAUTIFUL!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh wow, gorgeous! I showed a couple of my candy boxes in my last post and I said that when it comes to Valentine candy boxes, it's not what's inside that counts but it's what the box looks like that counts! :) So again, great vintage box!

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

Pink Saturday!
Hi,
I love your heart box. And heart boxes in general. Especially the pink ones.

monah