Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Sunday, February 23, 2014

This is me!

I just ran across this on Pinterest...
fits me to a T!


Describes exactly how I feel lately with this house.

I did take pictures the other day of the flowers blooming and the pretty butterflies all over them but I have no energy left to get them out of the camera to show you.

I have the kitchen, master bedroom, living room, dining room and office area and I'm trying to redo them all at the same time, me...by myself...no help from anyone and the cat just sits and watches me work...darn cat, why doesn't she learn to pick up a paint brush and get to work!!!
All she does is beg for treats and to go outside!

(Next winter will be the 2 bathrooms and 2 extra bedrooms but I'm always thinking and planning what I'll do with them)

Then there is the front porch, the back porch and the house needs paint, the yard needs to be weeded, bushes need to be trimmed.

I do a little in one room then I move to another room, then back to the first room, pretty soon I forget what I'm doing and where!

BUT!!! I am so happy, I finally ripped out the last of the ugly green carpet yesterday. (It's still in the 2 extra bedrooms though, that will be next winters project)

I pulled staples and carpet tacks until I'm ready to scream! Then I painted the ugly particle board floors with light cream house paint so that they can be swept and look halfway acceptable. I put down some braided rugs and also bought some ultra cheap carpet and cut it up so that I have an 8' x 8' piece under the dining room table and made runners out of the rest.
That will have to do until we can find time to put down the plywood plank flooring.

It makes such a difference to get the colors that are comfortable to me, it may not be finished but it's so much more warm and cozy feeling.

I also redid the dining room table a few days ago, painted it off white and did a shabby finish on it. It went from a table I hated to a table I love! Soon I'll recover the chairs with canvas. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

It will be fun to go back to this post in a couple of years and read what I was doing and when!

Thanks for listening...I needed to let it out because some days I feel like my head is about to explode!

Hope your weekend was relaxing and that you did something fun! Now I'm going to make myself a cup of something warm, plop down in a comfy chair and do NOTHING!!!

5 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to the too many tabs open quote!! I can't stay focused on one little project when I have so many in the works. It is nice to finish something just to cross it of the never ending to do list. I think you and I are in the same boat, although you've got some big projects going! Good luck, and enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been one very busy lady! Can't wait till you do the plank flooring. Enjoy your nothing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE busy, Faye! I know just what you mean about a full brain...sometimes I turn on music or tv just so I can't hear myself think lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you have been one busy girl, Faye. I hope you show us some pictures of all your hard work when you get to the place you can do it. Take heart. One day it will all be done and a pure delight to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness you are busy.I would have loved to see some pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!