Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Assorted Fabric Pumpkins

Last week Deborah over at Green Willow Pond showed us her drop cloth pumpkins she had made.
A link to her blog is HERE and her tutorial is great.

I thought it was one of the cutest cloth pumpkins I've seen!
And seeing as I've had this thing for using drop cloths lately for anything imaginable I just had to try this.
Last night I finally got around to making one (and I want to make more of them).
I added a rhinestone pin to mine, I thought it needed a little bling with the coarseness of the canvas and stick


Here are a few I made several years ago, wool and velvet


And now we go way back to the late 70's or maybe I made these in 1980, not sure. Back then I was working in a fabric store and in those days you used what you were expected to use, cotton fabric. 
No one would even consider using a canvas drop cloth! 
I think I like the canvas best of all.


I couldn't resist adding a picture of my cat, I was trying to cover her with leaves but the look on her face is...Try is just once more and you'll pay!


And the pretty orange hibiscus flower that opened this morning.


Linking to:


11 comments:

  1. I love the white pumpkin and the bling is perfect! Cute kitty!
    We'll try for the November sale at Haupt!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours turned out beautiful Faye. Love the added bling! Thanks for the shout out.
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is adorable...love the canvas one the best! That Hibiscus is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye!
    These are so cute and I love the added bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your pumpkins are wonderful! I love the extra little bit of sparkle you put on the dropcloth one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your pumpkins! It is so neat to see how things change over time. Your kitty is too funny...love her expression!My hibiscus is still blooming too. Have a lovely Thursday.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie is an inspiration, isn't she?
    Your pumpkin turned out really sweet, Faye! So are all of the other ones you've made. I've always liked the velvet ones I see on the other blogs, too.
    Your kitty looks quite perturbed with you..lol.
    Happy Halloween!
    Debbie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came over by way of Jerry's blog As the Crackerhead Crumbles. I love your pumpkins and I love your blog. I'm going to go do some more exploring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Wild Rose Vintage" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-sunday-drive_9.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!