Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Monday, May 30, 2011

Farmhouse Benches

This is what we did today....


My DH spent most of his day building 2 benches for me. I was supposed to do it but I didn't mind at all that he took over. I was happy to just hand him the tools and tell him what I had in mind.


We copied the design from an old white bench I picked up many years ago as we were heading out west on vacation. It was an old red barn somewhere in South Dakota. (They had the best stuff but unfortunately they are no longer in business.)


I wanted a small bench (42") for that hutch I bought at the barn sale from a few posts earlier and then one long bench (6 feet) to set my window box of impatiens on.


Now all I have to do is pick up some white paint and get to work, try to give them that well used look.


I'm just thrilled with how they turned out and I think I'll be wanting more....

4 comments:

  1. wow, how nice to have his talents at work!! Anxious to see the completed benches with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye...those benches are wonderful! They will look great with the flowers and hutch.
    You and your hubby had a productive day.
    Enjoy the evening.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faye Sweetie...
    These benches are just absolutely beautiful. Your DH did an awesome job on them.

    We have been thinking about building a couple for our grands to sit on, along the pool side in the summer. We never seem to have enough seating with all 8 of the grands and the rest of the family here. Love the style. I already have DH sketching.

    Thank you for the beautiful share, and wonderful idea my friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have such a handy man in your life! Your benches are so sweet! I can't wait to see them all painted up and displayed with your window boxes and hutch cabinet!
    Have a lovely week!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!