Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Glass Cloche

This little post is all because of my friend Stephanie. She introduced me to your awesome vintage blogs which in turn inspired me to start my own.


I picked up this monster cloche at Home Goods a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. It's 12.5" x 12.5" and was only $20!!!



I emailed Stephanie to tell her of my really cool find and asked her, but what do I put in such a big cloche!!!


She immediately emailed bunches of images with ideas. One cloche idea had crochet things inside.

Seeing as I love to crochet using the vintage crochet thread, have saved all of my Grandmothers fine crochet hooks and have all these beautiful crochet pieces and crochet thread, that seemed like the ideal thing.

I spotted this old silver compote that I hadn't done anything with, that would make a nice holder.





And this beautiful old dinner plate I picked up at the Goodwill for $1. The gold trim seemed to go so well with the aged look of the compote and the old white went so well with the crochet.

It sure is not easy to photograph a cloche with reflections from the windows !
I hope these show up okay.

Thanks Stephanie!!!! for all of your inspiration!!!

Thanks for stopping by!



I lost so many comments from bloggers glitch. Everything from Thursday and some I never even got to read. I had planned to visit everyone that commented but now I don't know who your are! :(




Linking to;

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Elements Interiors for Whassup Wednesdays


Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays


Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday


My Romantic Home for Show and tell Friday


The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

31 comments:

  1. Don't you just love HG!!!
    Your display is perfect for your new find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! You got some great advice. It has all my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it...that is just what I would put in there...love it with the silver, too! Happy WW!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone says "cloche" and I'm there!! Yours is wonderful!
    I'm your newest follower.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! It really caught my eye! And isn't it wonderful to have friends who inspire us?
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda
    p.s. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faye,
    Your cloche looks great, and what a great deal!! The compote was a great fit, and love the toppings:-)
    Before you mentioned how hard it was to photograph, I was thinking you did a great job :-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty!! Good to know can find these cloche's, Celeste,victoriantailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with Cloches and they are so much fun to change up when the mood strikes, ha! Yours is beautiful! I am your newest follower and I will be back to visit!

    Hugs,
    jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, this is a georgous display! I don't think there is anything better than vintage millnery... and the fact that it was your grandmothers adds so much to this treasure! Thank you for sharing!

    So glad you decided to join us out here in blogland! It is fun, and addicting!

    Happy WW!
    Hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I love cloches too. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your place here.....just became your newest follower and will be back! Great deal on the cloche....
    xojana

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely pics, you got that at Homegoods? wow -now your newest follower!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it! And such a bargain. HG is too fun and I have no money honey which is why I have avoided HG lately!!!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the crochet and lace looks yummy under that cloche!!!! Great find! I LOVE shopping at Home Goods also. You never know what you'll find there.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Putting it on a pedestal and inside the cloche-makes everything seem more interesting-really accents it all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Cloche covered Vignette, I just wish I had one.... Home Goods, Here I Come~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Faye, how gorgeous is that cloche?! Hard to imagine someone giving that away! Love how you've used it. Thanks so much for linking up to VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks so lovely, Faye! What fun and what a bargain! I need to find a deal like that! I did some time ago in Michael's, but left it...and when I went back, of course, it had vanished!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    Hugs to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look of the cloche! A bit of "fem" with industrial...thanx for sharing...visit me sometimes over at The Cranky Queen...found you on Common Ground link. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cloche and it looks fabulous with the crocheted doilies and thread etc. ~ fabulous!

    Visiting from Vintage Inspiration Friday

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great find, your cloche!
    I love what you put under it and the photo's turned out very nice.
    I'm your latest follower.
    xoxo
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is just perfect! Love it...and I also like how it reflects your sense of nostalgia and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love decorating with glass cloches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cloche is lovely. The patterns and textures showing through are beautiful. I love cloches of all sizes. Especially big ones!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great idea...I have a terrible time trying to figure out what to put in a cloche, so mine remain outside in the garden empty. You have inspired me to try something new. Thank you. I love to crochet too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That cloche was a great deal! I love how you used it with the crochet. Very nice vignette. Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cloche looks fabulous! I love all the sweet old things you've filled it with. :)
    Visiting from Show & Tell Friday. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your pretty cloche!! It's darling- thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your cloche, good choice on your grandmothers crochet items and needles, wonderful treasures to enjoy.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a rusty rustic kind of gal, too.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! I have a Home Goods cloche too. Somewhere on my blog there is a post on how I displayed it. LOL
    Love your vintage goodies you have show cased here!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!