Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Return to the Barn Sale!!!

YES!!! I went back to the Barn Sale!!!! Most everyone said (from last weeks post)...Go back!!!

I found one more rose plate that wasn't there last week and this pitcher that I intended to buy but forgot to pick up...it was still there!

I usually go for only all white pitchers but I love this style so much and it was so reasonably priced.



But the first thing that I saw was this white plant stand. I can see this used in a shabby bathroom...set a basket on the bottom shelf full of towels and maybe something fun on the top shelf...like a plant!

The last thing I found way back in a corner was this black plant stand, the price was $4. I couldn't pass it up, it looks like it's missing one leaf but you really have to stare at it to notice.
DH will sandblast it and paint it white.

Then hiding under a table was this old shelf. I kind of have a thing for old shelves...I've been picking them up and repainting them because I want places to keep my little collections rather than hiding them in boxes...I want to be able to see my cool treasures.

It's been painted cream, bright green and then white. It's sitting out on the screen porch where I've been working, not sure if it really needs a paint job or just leave it be. I'm starting to like seeing that bit of green showing on the edges.



Then the one thing that stuck in my mind that I regretted not buying was this cement pedestal. I figured if it was still there then it would be mine. I'm sure it's not old since the paint is peeling off in big chunks and it's pretty dinged up and shabby.


But once I set it out on the patio, which is still a work in progress, I decided it would stay right there. All I need are a couple of old pots filled with pink impatiens sitting on the bricks around the base (and hide that nasty green stuff growing on the siding). Top it off with a pretty pot of flowers...I'm glad I went back!


DH found something too, he called it a snatch block....whatever that is but it's big and it weighs a ton and he says he can use it.



And I just had to throw in the jack-in-the-pulpit from my wild garden....

Thanks for dropping by!!!!

Linking to these fun parties;

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
My Cottage Charm for Treasures and Trinkets Thursday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

13 comments:

  1. Your hubby's treasure stuck right in the middle of your beautiful purchases is just so funny! And your plate is so dainty and looks like it is in amazing condition! I have two large outdoor chairs which I have been thinking of having sandblasted and painted. Can't decide if I'll ruin the old patina, but they just seem old to me, and I know the peeling paint is probably lead based. Glad you went back for your column! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovelies! That china is gorgeous!! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Faye! I want to go junkin with you gal!! Love that shelf and pedestal!! And those gorgeous flowers!! So lovely!

    Can I ask a favor? My best friend who moved a few months ago, just posted her first official post on her new blog! Could you take a few moments, and visit her...I know some visitors besides me would make her day!! Her blog address is: http://myroseyhaven.blogspot.com/
    She would love some other followers, too!

    Thanks Faye!
    Hugs to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you went back too! You got some very lovely things-obviously meant to be!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pedestal is gorgeous, I found one the other day for $5 but is not as pretty as yours and is brown, will have to paint it. Awesome finds!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy you went back...you must be thrilled! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy! :) Yes, I have been doing all the work in my laundry room all by myself! I told my husband when I got the room finished, I wanted to be able to say I did it all without any help from anyone...so far so good! :) I just wrote my next post for the laundry room a few minutes ago..yay!
    You sure did find a great barn sale...I would have gone back too. Your 2nd trip was just as good as your first one! I even like the thingy your hubby got. I could just see it hanging up outside, holding a hanging flower. (if you steal it, don't tell him where you got the idea! lol)
    Have a great day and thanks for linking up!
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS..I JUST planted a pink flowering almond in my back yard two days ago! How funny is that?! lol
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic finds! Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Faye, good thing you went back, that column pedestal is amazing! Love it, thanks so much for the inspiration at VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that column is so gorgeous!! What great treasures you found!!Thank you for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning~ ~I love your pedistal. I have been wanting one for some time now. They are rather hard to find in these parts. Glad to see there are a few around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!