Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wild Roses and Bluebirds

It's been one of those days where you run around all day and feel like you get nothing accomplished so my White Wednesday post is a quick and easy one today.

I like heavy plates with pretty designs. I found this at a flea market for $2.00. I like it because it's a little rough, crazed and aged. I think the flowers are beautiful.


I found this at a sale and again it's pretty well worn but I just love Bluebirds and decided it needed a home.

This plate sits on the bathroom vanity holding a couple of ring holders and odd things.


Thanks for stopping!


I'm linking to Faded Charm for White Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. Love your finds and I would have brought them home, too. The bluebirds are a very old pattern and hard to find.
    Lucky you!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds. I agree, the flowers on the first plate are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one with flowers and esp the edge on it. Flea market is always a good place to hunt for goodies, how i hope we have it here. Happy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love picking up something for a couple of dollars? Who cares if it is not perfect, we seem to see the beauty in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great treasures! My favorite are those sweet little blue birds! They are just adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plate with the sweet little birds is adorable... I LOVE finding Treasures like that!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never resist these either -I have a whole pile of them but never have a use for them-yours are very pretty and I love the old look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such nice plates. I love the floral ones shape and crazing and the bluebird one is a hard pattern to find..I have a small bowl from that pattern.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you fell in love with these plate. I would have too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great vintage finds and great prices!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Just wanted to come back and say thank you for joining up with SECOND CHANCE TUESDAY! Hope you can make it another Tuesday.

    Your blog has all kinds of neat things that I like!!!!!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  12. So vintage, gorgeous and beautiful:))
    Greetings from Biljana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!