Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, November 9, 2010

White Box Makeover

I picked up a cheap small black box at the thrift store last week.

I have a thing for those little cream bottles from many years ago. My mom would take me shopping downtown and we would always eat our lunch at some nice restaurant. Back when I was really little they served your coffee with little bottles of real cream. I can remember drinking the cream out of the little bottle. So when I started finding these small bottles I started to buy them. I don't care if the dairy name is painted on it...I prefer just the plain bottles.

When I spotted this box I thought it had the perfect size cubby holes to hold the cream bottles filled with vintage pearls, rhinestones, mop buttons, little mini skeleton keys and bits of old fancy lace.

I just finished painting it today with an ivory white and lightly sanded the edges. It sits on top of an old doily my Grandma crocheted along with a little vanity jar that was my moms.







And here is what the box used to look like!


Thanks for stopping by!!!


I'm linking up with Faded Charm's White Wednesday.
Linking to Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites

14 comments:

  1. I love your white box! What a creative way to display your sweet little creamers! They look gorgeous filled with all of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I think I have a box like this too! You've given me some ideas. I like your bottles and how you displayed it. Very beautiful and creative.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you transformed that piece and how you are using it to hold your bits and bobs. Happy WW.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little cubbie turned out so cute! But better yet, I love how the little creamers bring back such sweet memories for you! Smiles, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE what you did with the box AND REALLY LOVE those little creamers. I remember those too, they are SO Precious! You have put together an incredible display, I LOVE Every detail!
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is just the cutest thing ever and I love the little creamers! Great find and excellent save!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got yourself a wonderful little display shelf and some great memories to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Faye. I love what you did here. It turned out great! Your little treasures in the bottles look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet love the way you transformed it and it looks great with all of you little goodies in it!!
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a cute idea..I have lots of beautiful broken jewelery that would look pretty in a cabinet like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful box full of sweet memories! Love it ~ happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great little display case! It looks pretty with your jewels!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Faye...

    What a sweet post to share with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party, my friend! I'm just tickled to have you join in with the fun! Well, I must admit that I had never heard of...or seen...those darling little cream bottles! I enlarged your photos so that I could get a better peek! They're lovely! Ohhh...and this display box is just perfect to showcase your vintage bottles! So happy that you found it! I just love how you displayed all of your pretties in the bottles! This is a beautiful vignette...you have so many precious treasures!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!