Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tipp Shakers

I like the old Tipp City shakers. Both my mom and my grandma had a set of salt & pepper shakers and I managed to save them but my favorite pattern is the cattails. While searching for a cattail set I found this cute little sugar shaker...

This larger pair belonged to my mom, I still use them...


This set belonged to my grandma and they sit beside my moms pair...


And unexpectedly sitting on a bottom shelf in an antique shop last winter I spotted this!

Just what I was looking for, the set of 4 with the carrier. They look like they have never been used. Not a chip or scratch anywhere. I guess if you have patience eventually you will find what you are looking for. I could have bought a set online but I missed out, they were not as nice as these yet still the same price. I'm very happy I missed them after all because I have these instead!




Thanks for stopping by!


Linking with Faded Charm for White Wednesday.

Thanks Kathleen!






3 comments:

  1. I remember having similar shakers when I was growing up... I SURE WISH I had them now! These are wonderful!
    Have a Wonderful White Wednesday!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Now I guess I will be on the hunt for a set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen these ever-the details are pretty cool-I guess I notice the plain ones usually-Happy WW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!