Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Sunday, November 14, 2010

Salt & Pepper Shakers

I was looking around the house for something to post for Tete's 2nd Hand Collections Party and I spotted a few of my salt & pepper shakers and thought this will work. I started taking pictures and discovered I had a few more than I thought.

I've never really considered collecting shakers, some of these were in my husbands family but most I picked up in an antique shop just because they caught my eye.

My favorite is this kangaroo because to me it is so unusual. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it and it stuck in my mind after I left. When I went back to the shop months later and it was still there I decided it needed to come home with me.

I like the fish...
I have always had a thing for donkeys, I picked this up in an antique shop. The 2 little chickens on his back are the shakers...

I also have a thing for longhorn cattle, couldn't walk away from these...

The pheasants were from my husbands Grandparents...

And another donkey...


Once I gathered all the shakers together for photos I decided they should all be in one place so here they are...


Thanks for stopping by and please check out Tete's 2nd Hand Collections!
And Tete's blog Beyond the Garden Gate



5 comments:

  1. What a great collection on unusual salt and pepper shakers-love the kangaroo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they really salt and pepper shaker?? Very interesting! First time i see such unusual ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faye- these are really fun! I am always amazed at how many s&p sets that were made. I Knew a lady who had over 500 sets, so I always looked at them when I would find them in a booth. There is one pair that I so regret never getting- they were burgundy beets.
    Thank you so much for joining my party!
    Hugs- Tete
    PS- look really good all grouped together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun collection of unusual S & P
    I collect orphans mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collection of shakers is so cute!!
    Great post.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!