Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rose Teapot

She's a little rough but I think she's pretty!

I saw this teapot and just had to have it. I love that crazing and even more so when it has a little browning. It's been well used.

I look at this and wonder, where did it come from? Who owned it? What was she like? Was she a quilter and brought it out when she had the ladies over to work on her quilt and served them tea before they went home?

She must have used this a lot for the wear it's seen. The only real damage is a chip in the spout and how many of us have chipped that! I want to believe she really cherished this pretty rose teapot.

I'll take good care of it, I won't use it to serve tea but I will enjoy seeing it every day. It makes me smile to look at it and think about what it could tell me about it's past life.
That will remain a secret.



Isn't she a beauty!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Faded Charm for White Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. She is a beauty. I think like you and wonder about its history and who used it. Happy WW.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! I feel the same way about crazing, etc... To me it adds wonderful character and makes it look "More Loved"... I always wonder of it's past experiences and wish it could whisper to me of all the ladies that admired her before me...
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather have a teapot like that than a new, perfect one-so much character and history and just the right patina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she is pretty. I like the little flowers on it, so lovely. I'm still looking for a tea pot, it's not easy to get one i like. Yours is really a pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, you are certainly a girl after my own heart. This little beauty would make me smile everytime I passed by it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this teapot!!! I would have purchased it too! I love vintage and roses!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty teapot. I love the crazing on it. Gives it so much more character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your teapot, it is absolutely beautiful:)))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  9. She sure is the prettiest teapot I have ever seen. When you get a piece like this that most would pass by, you know someone loved it, a lot. Those are the best pieces to cherish.
    Thank you so much for all your sweet words this morning- it meant so much.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!